Hazardous Material Storage and Transport
ZARGES has been producing UN-approved aluminum cases for many years. ZARGES Aluminum cases are approved as composite packaging (Code UN 4B, 4BU, 4BV, 4BW, 50B) and are available with UN Certification for the transport of Hazardous Goods.
The regulations and procedures for shipping “hazardous” materials (HAZMAT) apply to all individuals involved with the transportation/shipping of hazardous materials. This includes all those individuals who arrange for transport and/or may engage in any of the following activities involving hazardous materials:
- Filling packages
- Marking and labeling packages
- Preparing shipping papers, handling, loading, securing and segregating packages within a transport vehicle, freight container or cargo hold, and transporting.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) enacts and enforces all hazardous materials (hazmat) transportation laws in the United States. Compliance with DOT regulations is a requirement for any person who offers a hazardous material for transportation. ZARGES cases are available as UN Certified for Hazardous goods.
UN certification for Hazardous Materials is available for several different ZARGES cases, including the K470, K475, K424 XC and K410. ZARGES, Inc. provides testing at our Charlotte facility for a fee of $50. For each certification, the case is first verified to be an authentic ZARGES product and the correct product requested by the customer. The case then undergoes an ultrasonic inspection to ensure that the thickness of all case walls is within tolerance for the order’s specification. The measuring points are indicated in blue on the diagram. Once the case passes this inspection, it is labeled and delivered to the customer with appropriate documentation. We can also assist with the following:
- Information on regulations and laws.
- Advice on the classification of hazardous goods.
- Recommendations for suitable interior and exterior packaging (incl. padding/padding material).
- Clean rooms
- Lithium batteries
- Flammable liquids
- Caustic materials
- CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive) Transport