Hazardous Material Storage and Transport
ZARGES has been producing UN-approved aluminum cases for many years. ZARGES Aluminum cases are approved as composite packaging (Code UN 4B, 4BU, 4BV, 4BW, 50B).
The regulations and procedures for shipping “hazardous” materials (HAZMAT) apply to all individuals involved with the transportation/shipping of hazardous materials. This includes all those individuals who arrange for transport and/or may engage in any of the following activities involving hazardous materials:
- Filling packages
- Marking and labeling packages
- Preparing shipping papers, handling, loading, securing and segregating packages within a transport vehicle, freight container or cargo hold, and transporting.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) enacts and enforces all hazardous materials (hazmat) transportation laws in the United States. Compliance with DOT regulations is a requirement for any person who offers a hazardous material for transportation. ZARGES cases are available as UN Certified for Hazardous goods.
In its capacity as a test and inspection agency, ZARGES is authorized and able to test hazardous goods packaging and to apply for type approvals. We can also assist with the following:
- Information on regulations and laws.
- Advice on the classification of hazardous goods.
- Recommendations for suitable interior and exterior packaging (incl. padding/padding material).
- Clean rooms
- Lithium batteries
- Flammable liquids
- Caustic materials
- CBRNE Transport